10 March 2010

Prince of Persia : W.W Fix I : Skip Intro

Note : This is part of a series of posts detailing how I got around certain glitches and problems in the 2004 game Prince of Persia : Warrior Within while playing it on my PC. I suspect other gamers (especially the recent ones, like me) might have come across these problems.

Prince of Persia : Warrior Within Fix I : Skip Intro
Photobucket

This is a very useful hack to save time, letting you skip the 2 Ubisoft and P.O.P introduction screens that appear before the menu loads up. I first found it here, but my version is much more simpler. (Talk about modesty :)

1. Locate the Prince of Persia Warrior Within folder in your computer.
Example : [C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Prince of Persia Warrior Within]

Go to the program files of the drive in which the game is installed, proceed to Ubisoft and then you will find the Prince of Persia Warrior Within folder.

2. Go to the "Video" subfolder. You will see something like the screenshot below.
Photobucket

3. Locate and rename the following files : 
  • LOGOCRED.BIK 
  • LOGORP.BIK
  • UBIMTL.BIK 
  • UBISOFT.BK

It's best if you can rename it without changing the file name drastically. This can be done by adding a common prefix/suffix (preferable consisting of very few letters) to all the 4 files you are going to change so that it will be easier to edit again, should you wish so any time later.

4. Enjoy Warrior Within sans the unsolicited title sequences !

1 comment:

  1. I haven't played WW for quite a while, but I recently installed it again. I hate to wait for these annoying video intros to end, not being able to skip them.

    I mean, what's the point of them being unskipable? I KNOW Ubisoft published it and I know that I'm playing PoP-WW, I don't need to wait trough it every time!! :D

    Thanks for this easy and VERY useful tutorial! It is working and so much better! =)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment below; you can do it anonymously.